Past-Department of Psychiatry.
All India Institute of Medical Sciences,
Present- Consultant Holy Family Hospital
DM & S.P.(now M.Phil), NIMHANS, Bangalore
Ph.D. PGIMER, Chandigarh
Masters in Medical Education Technology, ( Dundee , UK)
Trained in Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy from
Albert Ellis Institute, New York.
- Govindaswamy Memorial Gold Medal from NIMHANS 1975
- Kang Oration award for recognition of contribution to the field of Clinical Psychology. 2004
- Best Clinical Psychologist Award by Delhi Association of clinical Psychologist 2000
- Kahroar Gaurav Award 2008
- Life time achievement award ICMHAIIMS 2014
- P P Oration Award by IACAM 2015
- AMONG 50 ICONS IN Clinical Psychology, Award given by IACP 2018
- Niloufer Award for the Best paper `Improving coping skills and reducing externalizing and internalizing problems among school going adolescents using a brief CBT Module in 2009
- Luke Clack Award for the Best Paper `Assessment of Sleep Disturbances in children with Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)- 7TH Congress of Asian Society for child and adolescent psychiatry and allied professions and 12th Biennial Conference of Indian Association for Child and Adolescent Mental Health held on 25-28th September, 2013- New Delhi
I have developed expertise in psychological assessment and management of variety of psychological disorders in children, adolescents and adults. I have also worked extensively with consultation liason with departments of Gastroenterology, Endocrinology, Gynaecology, Sleep Medicine, Dermatology, Neurology and Ophthalmology.
Past President of Indian Association of Child and Adolescent Mental Health 2010- 2012
Past President - Indian Association of Clinical Psychology 2011-2013
President of ISPRAT (Indian Society for Pain Research & Treatment).
Planning and Monitoring committee NIMHANS Bangalore
Advisory Committee â€“
Central University of Hyderabad & Patna
Centre for Cognitive Sciences, Allahabad University
Member, Board of Visitors â€“ Institute for Human Behaviour and Allied Sciences, Delhi
Member, Central Authority of Mental Health
Examiner of various Indian Universities
Resource person- NJA, DJA, Orissa JA, Assam JA
Special areas of interest
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Adults and children.
- Psychological intervention for pain
- Mental health interventions with school children and college students.
- Stress management
- Conducted number of workshops for school teachers for early identification and intervention of mental health problems in children.
- Conducted 2 workshops on Pain Management- Psychological approaches, 2006, 2014
- Conducted several workshops on Stress Management for students and executives
- National Workshop on Suicide Prevention in students of Higher Educational Institutes
- National Conferences of Indian Association of Child Adolescent Mental Health in 1993 and 2009.
- 39th National Annual Conference of Indian Association of Clinical Psychology 2013 at AIIMS from 17th to 20th February, 2013.
RESEARCH:Research Projects (Funded)
- Development of modules on Cognitive Behavior Therapy for the post-graduate psychiatry Residents - funded by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. (Ongoing)
- Development of CBT Module for management of adolescents with substance abuse. Renu Sharma, Manju Mehta, Anju Dhawan. (ICMR, 2007-2009)
- Risk factors of Substance use and abuse in offspring of substance abuse patients (ICMR-2007)
- Road Rage â€“ A study of Aggressive Behaviour and Intervention Strategies (2008) . â€“ funded by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
- Development and Dissemination of Intervention Strategies for Specific
- Learning Disability (ICMR, 2003 -2006 )
- AIIMS Comprehensive Neuropsychological Battery in Hindi (Children Form) . Surya Gupta, Manju Mehta, (Funded by ICMR â€“ 2000 â€“ 2004)
- Stress in Children (ICMR, 2000- 2002)
- Development of Study Tools for Epidemiological Study (ICMR, 1996)
- Childhood mental disorders in rural school children. (ICMR, 1989-1992)
- Training mothers of mentally retarded children: Evaluation of variables determining success. (ICMR, 1984-87)
- Prevalence of ADHD in schools. Prem Lata Chawla & Manju Mehta (ICMR, 1980-1983)
Research guidancePh.D. Thesis Completed : 17
MD Thesis as Chief Guide: 35
- Mehta M. Educational Psychology â€“ Publisher Indira Gandhi National Open University (1996 revised 2000)
- Mehta, M. Behavioural Sciences in Medical Practice â€“ Publishers JP Brothers first edition 1998 and second edition 2008
- Mehta M. & Sagar R. A Remedial Training Manual for Children with Specific Learning Disability for Parents, Teachers and Counselors. Edition 2013
- Mehta M. & Sagar R. A Practical Approach to Cognitive Behaviour Therapy for Adolescents. Publisher: Springer. January 2015
3.Publications : 172
Presentations in International And National Conferences : More than 200
Pragya Sharmaâˆ—, Manju Mehta, Rajesh Sagar - Efficacy of transdiagnostic cognitive-behavioral group therapy for anxiety disorders and headache in adolescents . Journal of Anxiety Disorders 46 (2017) 78â€“ 84